Help us Adopt!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

sadness

Well, yesterday my husband's deployment really set in. After about a month and a half of training down in Indiana, his group has finally shipped out and left the country. Up until now we've been able to have phone and internet contact every day. From this point on, that isn't going to be possible. He is going to be in a western European country (I'm supposed to be careful about what info I share on here.. ) for several weeks before they move on to Kosovo. While he is in country X, it is entirely likely that I will not hear from him at all until they reach their final destination.
This has made the deployment real at last and I'm afraid that the long delayed deployment depression is settling in.. Now, I usually get a bit of depression this time of year anyway.. I have seasonal depression, but I've got problems in the early spring instead of fall/winter.. (I've never been normal about anything apparently..) So this is hitting me really hard this year.. I know it's a temporary thing and will soon pass, but that doesn't make it any more fun to go through.
(Doesn't help either that I can't get a call back about any of the jobs I've been applying for.. I just want some part time work to earn a little extra cash and get out of the house once in a while.. I'm not looking for anything "serious" or part time... but it means that everyone - if they bother to tell me anything - tell me I'm over qualified as they move on to the next applicant..*sigh*)
Anyway.. for the time being, I'm trying to keep myself entertained by watching a lot of movies, trying to eat well, and attempting to poke around in my long ago past so I can remember names of the kids in my old elementary school class photos.. :)

No comments: