Help us Adopt!

Monday, January 12, 2009

fostering update

Things had ben going very well. Ok, was still too darn cold and my truck still didn't much want to start (has warmed up today though, we're actually above 0 again..) but things had been going well.
Last wednesday I had finally gotten her home school material, and thursday we'd gotten started back in. We had appointments set for her and had found a way to get her excited about reading - which is the subject she has the most trouble with and hated doing..
Then friday night I got the call... they would be coming in about an hour to get her. OCS had decided she needed to be moved. All they would tell me was that it was "case related" and had nothing to do with me, but that I wasn't allowed to contact her mother about the move that night.
I know at least one of her siblings was also moved.
This has just devistated me. If I had had any doubts about my ability to handle fostering in general before, they were totally confirmed now. I simply can not deal with the seperation issues that can crop up. At least not right now. To get attached emotionally to a child that at any moment can be simply taken away.. I just can't deal with that.

No comments: