Help us Adopt!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

colds suck

Ok, this is kind of a pointless blog, but I'm tired of being sick. I had thought I was finally getting over this stupid cold and then all of a sudden it decides to come back in for an encore performance.
I hate this. All day and night it's nothing but racking, hacking coughs and head congestion. The congestion, at least is mild and under control. I just want the wretched coughing to go away. How can I get ready for this year's Thanksgiving/Christmas combo when I barely want to drag myself out of bed? *sigh*
Bother...
Anyway, with Tom's up coming deployment, we've got the kids for Thanksgiving this year instead of Christmas, like we normally would have this year. This way they can spend time with their dad before he leaves. This has thrown our original plans for Thanksgiving all awry and we are now combining both holidays. We're thinking of doing Christmas on Thanksgiving morning, and then Thanksgiving in the afternoon. This really won't vary too much from most people's Thanksgivings, except there will be the addition of a Christmas tree and presents...
For us, however, we have usually spent Thanksgiving with a large group of friends. They all get together at our church building, food assignments are broken down so no one is in charge of everything. There are usually games, movies, and some things that I'd best not mention for insurance purposes. It's a big all day shindig. Not at all what I was ever use to. This year, we'll be skipping that, though, and just go back to spending the day together as a family. (Though we might stop by there for a little while so the kids can play and see their friends.)

Meanwhile, if any of my friends ever actually read this (heh) if you want to come to Alaska for Christmas, I'll have plenty of room this year. Just so long as you can put up with the dogs :)

No comments: